Monday, May 14, 2007

Rufus! Rufus! Rufus!

Thank God for Rufus Wainwright!

The sexy-ass, Viktor & Rolf muse dazzles once again on his new CD "Release the Stars," which became available today. Instantly recognizable as Rufus, the songs also take us further down the road in Rufusville.

His ready access the gay soul coupled with a keen ability to express that place allows him to hit anyone exactly where they are at any given moment. The songs hang together, while retaining their individual charm.

His humor, wit and courage continue. High spots for me include "Do I Disappoint You," "Goin to A Town," and "I'm Not Ready to Love, " the title of which alone reduces me to sniffles. It means so much to have an out gay male singing love songs to men, talking about heartache, remembering boyhood crushes on men who teach art, cruising, etc., etc., etc. Hearing Rufus is more affirming than it should be. The honesty and truth in the way he lives, writes and sings honors all of us -- gay, straight, or otherwise. I love this man.

Will you marry me Rufus?

1 comment:

M. Knoester said...

Move over, beeyatch! He MINE!