Thursday, April 19, 2007

Je ne suis pas avec toi

It's beautiful to watch love begin, but oh so sad when it ends. As you go through life, remember this rule, everybody's somebody's fool.

- "Little" Jimmy Scott, Everybody's Somebody's Fool

Sooner or later, we all sleep alone.

- Cher

"Moons and Junes and ferris wheels, the dizzy dancing way that you feel as every fairy tale comes true, I've looked at love that way. But now it's just another show. And you leave 'em laughing when you go. And if you care, don't let them know. Don't give yourself away. I've looked at love from both sides now -- from give and take -- and still somehow, it's love's illusions that I recall. I really don't know love. I really don't know love at all."

- Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now

"Frogs do not turn into princes."

- T-shirt seen in Chelsea, NYC

"Anyone who hasn't experienced the ecstasy of betrayal knows nothing about ecstasy at all."

- Jean Genet, Un chant d'amour

"They seldom looked happy. They passed one another without a word in the elevator, like silent shades in hell, hell-bent on their next look from a handsome stranger. Their next rush from a popper. The next song that turned their bones to jelly and left them all on the dance floor with heads back, eyes nearly closed, in the ecstasy of saints receiving the stigmata."

- Andrew Holleran, Dancer From the Dance

"Let us go get the shit kicked out of us by love. "

- Sam to Daniel, Love Actually

You think you're a man, but you're only a boy. You think you're a man, you are only a toy. You think you're a man, but you just couldn't see. You weren't man enough to satisfy me.

- Full Frontal, You Think You're a Man

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times ... You are not gonna fool me three times.

- My grandmother, Florence, reinterpreting a Chinese proverb

Kharma's a bitch.

- Anonymous

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"The wing and the wheel... they carry things away. Whether it's me that does the leavin' or the love that flies away. The moon outside my window looks so lonely tonight. Oh, there's a chunk out of it's middle... big enough for an old fool to hide."

- Nancy Griffiths, The Wing and the Wheel

"Je ne veux pas disparaître."

- Jean Genet, Les nègres

"I don't know where I'm going. But I do know that I'm walking. Where? I don't know. Just away from this love affair."

- Rufus Wainwright, This Love Affair

"I wish I knew how to quit you."

- Jack Twist to Ennis Del Mar, Brokeback Mountain

"It's very difficult to keep the line between the past and the present. You know what I mean? It's awfully difficult."

- Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale, Grey Gardens

"If you're going to let one little prick ruin your whole life, you're not the girl I thought you were."

- Professor Stromwell to Elle, Legally Blonde

A -

You were my orange plastic boy:

delightfully orange, regrettably plastic, almost a man.

Goodbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.